
Sorry if this gets long, I try to keep things short and sweet usually!So Im having a child free reception and children are welcome at the ceremony as I am having two flower girls, one daughter of a friend and one of a relative. Recently there has been some drama because I guess I failed to mention I wanted my shower to be child free as well. Well, the night before the shower I found out my cousins were bringing their kids, one of which is a flower girl. I told my mom to tell them that they were not invited. I'm really just not a kid person. I thought it was clear but apparently it wasn't. I had told other attendees it was child free and they weren't bringing their kids.Well, my mom's phone call did not go over well and now my cousins and aunt want nothing to do with us. They claim I told them it was okay to bring the flower girl since she was in the wedding party but I don't remember saying that. Not saying I didn't, I could have but I really dont remember it as my mind is mush from all the plans I have going on. My aunt and cousin have been helping out a lot so they probably feel unappreciated and took major offense that their kids can't come. I also found out that my aunt who happened to make the invitations to the shower addressed the one to my cousin AND her flower girl, but I never even saw the invites before they went out so it went unnoticed. My fiance offered to babysit but they declined and are also not coming to my bachelorette party this weekend because of it. I dont really know what else to do as I already apologized profusely for the misunderstanding. My mom is really broken up about it and everything just feels really awkward now.Do you guys have any advice for me? Should I just let it go? Apologize again? I don't really feel like I did anything wrong but I do feel guilty for causing all of this because it was me standing my ground about no children when I could have just let it slide and this whole thing wouldnt have happened. I also feel guilty because I didn't make it totally clear, I figured most people dont bring kids to showers?? Ugh!!TL;DR- I wanted a child free wedding experience including shower, but perhaps did not make it clear, now family drama since I excluded cousins kids. via /r/weddingplanning http://ift.tt/2udQ0dg
No comments:
Post a Comment