Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Experience with Mailchimp online STD


Hi everyone - I've been on this sub here and there and you all have been super helpful. I was just replying to someone about doing online Save The Date and I wanted to share my experience.People mention paperless post for online STD option and someone else can speak for that, but I personally used MailChimp. MailChimp is actually an advertisement tool, and it worked really well for STD.Pros:-Free up to 2000 people. Everything was free for us and more than enough features-You can track email opened/links clicked. I was able to track who opened the email or not, so I was able to follow-up with people who didn't open after a week or so.Completely customizable. We used our photos, you can upload your own designs, etc.You can link your wedding website. Personally I don't like manually typing website address, so I think it was easier for guests to click a button that said "our wedding website" to direct to the website with more informationWorks great for international guests. We have some guests coming from overseas and it was so easy (vs. sending snail mail)Cons:For some people the email went to their spam folder. This was inevitable just because everyone has different folder settings. For those who didn't open the email for a while, I followed up with email/texts and re-sent as necessaryNeed to be careful with email address. It's easier to make mistake. We accidentally sent it to a wrong person but thankfully she let us know about it.May not work well with non-tech savvy people.our grandparents were tech savvy enough to open emails so this was not a problem for us.It takes time to build it and may not be fun if you don't like to design and customize. It's not pre-designed, and it's for marketing, so you need some creativity. We kept it simple though, so it wasnt much.Just wanted to share my experience! via /r/weddingplanning http://ift.tt/2ueBfHc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts