
I invited my good college friend and her husband to my wedding. I have known her for many years. We were housemates back in the day, and then a few years later we ended up working in the same company and I see her at work all the time. I sent an invite to her and her husband (never met him because he was kept a secret while they dated, and they eloped a few months ago).So my friend asks me "How many Chinese people are there at the wedding?" Thinking this question is very odd, I respond with "About 80%." She responds with "How many African American people?" I look at her oddly and say... "Just your husband". Then she tells me that he doesnt like to go to discriminatory events. Like WTF. There is no intention of that. FH and I are both Chinese so 70% of the guest lists is relatives. The rest of the people invited were invited because they are friends, not because of a racial thing. Race is a horrible and touchy internet topic, but I am just really sad that this happened. There was no racial considerations for our guest list nor did it ever cross our mind. I invited all the important people in my life and their SOs because I wanted everyone to be happy.BTW, SHE is Chinese as well. I dont understand. I want to her to come to my wedding because she is an important long term friend.What do I do? Let her and her husband come and have him be a grouch? Just wait and see if she RSVPs for him? Take away their invite? I want my wedding to be a happy place without people thinking about those things. via /r/weddingplanning http://ift.tt/2u9uDdq
No comments:
Post a Comment