Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Any tips for staying present on your wedding day?


I'm getting married on Saturday! I'm an ENFP personality who tends to be constantly thinking about the next goal to hit or some future consequence of a present action. It can be very difficult for me to stay present and drink in the current moment until it's over.However, as a wedding photographer, I've also been behind the scenes at so many weddings, and I've seen the mistakes that couples make that take away from their mindfulness and enjoyment of their wedding day. I've applied those lessons as much as I can. e.g. I'm minimising formalities - no cake cutting, dances etc - and I'm asking people not to ask me ANY logistical questions on the day. (It's crazy how many brides I photograph whose ENTIRE free time at their wedding is taken up by people asking them little questions like "where do these flowers go".)I've also written down instructions and schedules and I'm passing them off to my day-of coordinator, my mum & close friends, so I don't have to keep an eye on the time at all and I hopefully won't be concerned with what needs to be done next. I'm literally banning myself from looking at the schedule of things that need to be done after 11am. (It's a DIY backyard wedding, so yeah there are a fair few things that do need to be done.)Apart from all that, is there anything I can do or tell myself mentally that will help the day slow down a little, and that will help me to be as present as possible? (I'll admit that when thinking about slowing down the day, I considered dropping a half hit of acid which would actually be crazy fun if all my relatives weren't there! hah! But some other options would be great too!)Cheers x via /r/weddingplanning http://ift.tt/2u9uvuH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts